"Sound Beats Print ... Pictures Beat Sound"

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

MY 54' FORD


Made a " Field Trip " today , The last warmth of fall is about to be driven out of the county tonight.
Gave my wood tools to my old friend Larry today ..... and some odds and ends. In the stuff, was a copy of a photo.......from my May, 1967 high school paper. Me, Carol, and my 1954 Ford it is painted with 39 different colors from spray paint cans. Sorry it's a black & white copy.
The article was about me and Carol being " Unconventional". It was a feat in Lubbock, Texas back in 1967 to be " Unconventional".
Carol was in trouble for wearing mini-skirts, and I was just in trouble. It's a hell of a picture folks .... Time magazine ..... " Turned me on".... I read about the poster revolution way out in San Fran. That was in Feb. of 67' .... and being a teenager who was dumb enough to want to be an artist, I looked into it. I'd never heard the word "Hippy" before that . Two months after that article, I was deep into it .... That's went this is made.
I have some good stories about that Ford ..... my mom sold it for 6 books of green stamps.
Carol had a great pair of legs. She was a real dish. Right out of an Elvis movie.

Hello C'Bob, just thought i would leave you a comment.
Everytime i look at your blog it gets better and better! I am jealous.
Also i love the floating fat heads! have hopefully sent you the links to some british fat heads to add.
Cheers
Clairexx

Dad had a 1954 Ford, too. I loved that car and can still recall the new car smell.
Is that a porkpie hat you have on? I love porkpie hats...I'm wearing one right now.

Post a Comment